Monday, November 22, 2010

Lookee what I made....gobble gobble!

I found the idea here at The Cottage Home and thought it looked easy enough. For once I was right!!!

The only place I deviated from the original instructions is where I didn't use any pattern. After applying the Heat-n-Bond to my selections of fabric, I folded the fabric over and free-hand cut two feathers at once. Actually, since I'm too lazy to cut out a bunch of feathers one at a time I wanted all my feathers to be the same size, I cut through 3 doubled-over fabric pieces at a time. Fabric scissors are hella sharp! I wouldn't recommend folding the fabric so that the Heat-n-Bond is on the inside though...I had the worst time pulling the resulting two feathers apart.



Then, after arranging the feathers into a turkey-ish fan, I ironed them to the onsie.



Then I free-hand cut a turkey body out of felt, pinned it to the onsie, ran some stitches around, then did the same around each feather. I finished the turkey's face with embroidery thread and needle.



Then I went and found the cutest little model this side of the Mason Dixon line. Which was pretty easy since she lives here in this house with me!

3 comments:

  1. How cute is that?! What a good little mommy, you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so stinkin cute! And the onesie is cute too1

    ReplyDelete